How do I obtain a burn permit?

For inquiries about Commercial Burning or Bon Fire Permits in the City of McDonough contact the McDonough Community Development Permitting Division, the Fire Department Prevention Division or the Fire Chief. The cost for a Commercial Burn Permit is $500. The Georgia Forestry Commission controls all other prescribed and/or residential burning permits in Georgia, including the City of McDonough. For those questions or permits, call 1-877-OK2BURN (1-877-652-2876).

Show All Answers

1. Does the Fire Department dispose of old or expired medications, syringes, needles, or other medical supplies?
2. Does the Fire Department fill swimming pools?
3. Does the Fire Department provide and install carbon monoxide (CO) alarms?
4. Does the Fire Department provide and install child safety car seats?
5. Does the Fire Department sell, provide, charge, recharge, repair, or dispose of fire extinguishers?
6. Does the Fire Department teach CPR and AED Classes?
7. How do I get a copy of a fire report?
8. How do I obtain a burn permit?
9. How do I request or schedule a Fire Safety Event, Fire Station Tour, Career Day, etc. for my school, class, club, scout troop, etc.?
10. When and what can I burn?