How do I get a copy of a fire report?

Incident reports are usually complete and available 3-5 business days after the occurrence. A property owner, tenant, insurer, and/or investigators may request a copy of a report by contacting the Fire Department at 678-782-6250, a Battalion Chief or the Fire Chief in the FD directory. Upon requests, instructions will be provided as to how and when to obtain a copy. Reports are usually available for pick up and under certain circumstances emailed to a recipient on the same business day of the request. The first copy of a report is generally provided at no cost; however, charges may apply for additional copies.

  • NOTE1: The Fire Department does not release copies of any EMS or Investigation Report without a lawful subpoena.
  • NOTE 2: Other persons or companies outside those listed and/or requests for records or reports on environmental protection, permits and/or inspections must apply for an Open Records Requests through the City of McDonough Open Records Office at McDonough City Hall, 770-957-3915, ext. 1123 or via email.

Show All Answers

1. Does the Fire Department dispose of old or expired medications, syringes, needles, or other medical supplies?
2. Does the Fire Department fill swimming pools?
3. Does the Fire Department provide and install carbon monoxide (CO) alarms?
4. Does the Fire Department provide and install child safety car seats?
5. Does the Fire Department sell, provide, charge, recharge, repair, or dispose of fire extinguishers?
6. Does the Fire Department teach CPR and AED Classes?
7. How do I get a copy of a fire report?
8. How do I obtain a burn permit?
9. How do I request or schedule a Fire Safety Event, Fire Station Tour, Career Day, etc. for my school, class, club, scout troop, etc.?
10. When and what can I burn?