Occupational Taxes/Business License
Note to New Business Owners
Welcome to the City of McDonough and thank you for choosing the "Geranium City" as a location for your business. Our applications are online; however, please feel free to visit us if you need assistance in completing the form. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will be glad to assist you. We look forward to meeting you!
Find out more on our Occupational Tax Division page.
- Small Business Administration 404-529-9865
- Small Business Development Center 404-855-5214
All home occupation and commercial businesses wishing to locate in the City of McDonough must register with the Occupational Tax Office within 30 days of commencement of business.
The State of Georgia now requires all applicants to complete an affidavit of lawful presence annually. This affidavit is included in the Occupation Tax Certificate application.
This affidavit must be completed in its entirety with an original notarized signature and mailed or brought to the Community Development Department. You may use a notary of your choice or personally bring the form to the City of McDonough Community Development Office for notarization of signature at no cost.
Please submit two types of valid identification: driver's license and birth certificate or valid U.S. passport for U.S. citizens. For non-citizens, please submit your permanent residency card and your driver's license.
- You must complete the application in its entirety and have the document signed and notarized prior to submittal.
- Please submit a copy of applicant's Georgia driver's license noting that the address is located within the City limits of McDonough. (This is for home businesses only.)
Commercial Business Registration
You must complete the application in its entirety and have the document signed and notarized prior to submittal. Please be sure to include the following documents:
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation (if business is incorporated)
- Copy of Professional State License (if applicable) at www.sos.state.ga.us
Restaurant or Food Service Permits
- Copy of current Health Inspection Report with the grade noted or current food permit
- Henry County Health and Wellness Department 770-288-6136
Bakeries and Cafés:
- Department of Agriculture:404-656-3648:Toll Free 800-252-5852TTY 404-657-8387