Office of the City Administrator
The City Administrator is appointed by the Mayor and City Council. This position is responsible to the Mayor and the City Council for implementing the services/policies they adopt and to run the day-to-day operations of the City. The City Administrator recommends the annual budget and work program, as well as advises the Council on policy and legislative matters.
About this Office
McDonough's City Administrator serves the citizens of McDonough by carrying out the policies and directives of the Mayor and City Council. The City Administrator runs the day-to-day operations of City government, develops and manages the McDonough's annual budget, and oversees all departments and employees of City government. It is the City Administrator's job to ensure that McDonough's government is operating effectively and efficiently to best serve its citizens, and providing professional leadership in the administration and execution of policies and objectives established by the City Council.
Assistant to the City Administrator assists this office in fulfilling the following responsibilities:
- Conducts complex and sensitive administrative, operational, and management analyses, studies, and research projects including those involving City-wide issues, programs, and procedures; select, adapts, and applies appropriate research and statistical techniques, gathers and analyzes data and information from various sources on a variety of specialized topics
- Prepares the City's Annual Accomplishment report coordinating with Department Heads to develop the project
- Undertakes special projects as assigned which do not clearly fit into other departments' area of focus
- Oversee the agenda of the City Administrator and day to day operations of the Office of the City Administrator
- Serves as a conduit for information between the City Administrator and staff
- Researches and drafts policies, procedures, resolutions, etc.; gathers, interprets and analyzes data; presents recommendation to the Mayor and Council and/or City Administrator
- Assists with preparing and reviewing budget; including researching and securing various funding sources