Municipal Court & City Probation
Our mission is to create an effective network of City Government services that is responsive to local needs and provides a lifestyle of quality for present and future generations. We are committed to executing our duties with the highest integrity and in a manner that instills trust and confidence between the citizens of McDonough and employees of the city. "You're the reason" we strive every day to assure all of our citizens a safe and progressive city that is responsive to changing needs.
- Municipal Court. The Municipal Court is dedicated to providing an impartial forum where all our citizens are treated fairly and with respect as traffic and ordinance violations are resolved.
- City Probation. McDonough City Probation is dedicated to providing an impartial forum where all our citizens are treated fairly and with respect as Court ordered probation sentences are supervised.
The Municipal Court handles misdemeanors, traffic violations, and city ordinance violations.
- Money order
- Debit Card
- All major credit cards
- Personal checks
Cash will not be accepted.
Credit card and debit card payments by phone or in person will be accepted. Payment with credit cards or debit cards handled by Court Staff will incur a processing fee of 3%. A processing fee of 5.5% will be accessed on all credit/debit card payments made via web service or automated pay- by-phone service.
- Mandatory Appearances
- Court Guidelines
- Court Appointed Attorney
- Open Records
- Accident/Incident Reports
- Holidays Observed
- Important Court Contacts
Mandatory or "must appear" offenses are those for which a defendant is required to appear before the Judge in court. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Animal Control offenses
- Code Enforcement offenses
- Disorderly Conduct
- Driving under the Influence
- Driving while license suspended/revoked
- Hit and run/fleeing the scene of an accident
- No Insurance
- Offenses committed by those UNDER 21
- Possession of Marijuana Less than 1 Oz
- Suspended Registration/Revoked Registration
Failure to appear in court or pay a citation prior to court may result in a warrant being issued and/or your driver's license submitted for suspension by the Georgia Department of Driver Services. An additional contempt fee of $100 will automatically be assessed for failure to appear.
The following items are prohibited from entering the courtroom:
- Cell phones
- Backpacks or large bags
- Please be on time for your scheduled court date, as the judge will provide valuable information at the opening of the court session and may access a $50 late fee.
- There shall be no videos, photographs or recordings in the Courtroom unless you have received prior written approval from the Court.
- Children are allowed in the courtroom, however, given the formal nature of court proceedings, it is not recommended for infants or small children. If there are disturbances, the children and the person in control of the children will be asked to wait outside of the courtroom.
In the City of McDonough Municipal Court, you may be eligible for a Court Appointed Attorney to represent you on your case. Request for a Court Appointed Attorney are accepted in open court.
In accordance with the Georgia Open Records Act (O.C.G.A. § 50-18-70) request may be made in person, mail, fax or via email. Court personnel will respond to request in a timely manner in the order received.
McDonough Municipal Probation
McDonough City Probation is dedicated to providing an impartial forum where all our citizens are treated fairly and with respect as Court ordered probation sentences are supervised.
- Director/Senior Probation Officer Kemp
- Probation Officer Glenn
- Administrative Assistant Geraldine Gardiner
:For more information, call 770-898-4309.
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- District Attorney's Office: 770-288-6400
- Magistrate Court: 770-288-7700
- Probate Court: 770-288-7600
- Sheriff's Office: 770-288-7100
- Juvenile Court: 770-288-6866
- State Court Clerk: 770-288-7800
- Solicitor General: 770-288-7178