The City of McDonough Police Services Department maintains responsibility for all law enforcement activities within the City limits by providing a dedicated force of diligent and effective personnel who work to protect the rights and safety of residents and visitors of this fair City.
To maintain progressive inventories of growth, technical applications, and geographic change factors that influence public safety, and quality of life issues affecting the business and residential populations in McDonough.
- Human life and dignity
- Professional excellence
- Honor, ethics, and integrity
- Commitment to community service
- A strengthened and cohesive police force
- Protecting constitutional rights of the victims of crimes,
- as well as the accused
- An ingrained culture of organizational effectiveness
The McDonough Police Department currently has 49 full time certified and 5 non-certified employees and is staffed by four shifts of uniformed patrol officers working 6 am-6 pm and 6 pm-6 am. These officers respond to routine calls for service and enforce the traffic laws of the city.
The Department conducts all phases of investigations which include criminal, narcotics and all vice crime investigations utilizing 5 full time investigators and 1 narcotics investigators.
Ken NobleChiefPhone: 770-957-1218
Police DepartmentPhysical Address
50 Lawrenceville Street
McDonough , GA 30253
Phone: 770-957-1218 - MainEmergency Phone: 911
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
Administrative offices are closed on major holidays.
- How can I obtain my property?
You can obtain your property by filling out a Property and Evidence Release Form that can be located at the City of McDonough Police Department, in the Administrative Office. You will be contacted by Property and Evidence to make an appointment to pick up your property. Please be sure to bring proper identification when you are receiving your property.
You must have an appointment before you can obtain your property.
- What employment opportunities are available with the City of McDonough Police Department?
Employment opportunities with the City of McDonough Police Department can be found on the Career Opportunities page.
- How do I check on the investigative status of my case?
If your report has been assigned to a Detective you will be contacted within a few days of filing the report and/or you will receive a letter in the mail regarding what Detective has been assigned to your case and how to contact them. If you have not heard from a Detective and you need to talk to one, you can call 770-957-1218 and ask to speak to the Investigative Aid about your case.
- How do I file a complaint on an Officer?
Use our online form to file a complaint against a police officer.
- How can I obtain a copy of an Accident or Incident Report?
An Accident Report or Incident Report can be obtained in person from the Records Division, located at the City of McDonough Police Department, 50 Lawrenceville Street, McDonough, GA 30253.
- Family Violence Reports cannot be obtained unless an arrest has been made and then only the victim or aggressor will have the rights to the report.
- Accident Reports can only be obtained by the vehicle owners or insurance companies involved in the accident.