The City of McDonough provides service limb chipping. We run a truck throughout the city on a weekly basis. We have the city divided into four zones or routes. The guideline for limb chipping is below:
- Limbs need to be no larger than 4 inches in diameter and cut less than 8 feet in length
- All limbs have to be on the Right Of Way. We cannot come onto private property to pick up limbs
- We do not pick up leaves, stumps, root balls, logs (larger than 4 inches), grass clippings, dirt, rocks, lumber, limbs with metal fence tangled in it, etc.
- When there are interruptions due to weather, mechanical break downs, scheduled holidays, etc., we will work to get back on schedule as soon as possible.
- We typically run our route Monday through Thursday with Friday being a make-up day
- On large piles we will spend 30 minutes at each stop. If we cannot handle the pile in the allotted time we will attempt to come back on Friday if the schedule will allow.
- All leaves are to be bagged and placed curbside for pick up by the Garbage service before 7:00 AM on their specified service day.
Call (678) 782- 6272 between the hours of 8AM-5PM M-F for questions or concerns regarding limb pick- ups.
*The section of McGarity Rd. that is in the City Limits is Serviced on Tuesday.