Building and Inspection Division
The Building and Inspection Division is located at 136 Keys Ferry Street, 3rd Floor, McDonough, GA 30253.
The office hours are Monday- Friday, 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM. The office fax number is (678) 432-4665.
Vernita McNeil, Permits Coordinator Direct Line: 678-782-6224
Mark Dobson, Building Official Cell Phone: 404-427-7670
Charlie McCarter, Building Inspector Cell Phone: 678-618-0524
Ron Harris, Inspector Cell Phone: 678-300-4956
Building and Inspections staff provide plan review and issue permits for construction activities to ensure that all municipal code requirements are met for construction projects and related activities in the City.
Inspectors also monitor these activities to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens and enforce State and local standards for assuring the quality of design, construction, materials, use and occupancy, location, and maintenance of sites, buildings and structures.
To schedule a next day inspection please call the Inspection Request Line at 678-782-6217 prior to 4:00 PM. Inspection requests received after 4:00 PM will be scheduled two days out. All inspections called in on Friday or a holiday before 4:00 PM will be scheduled for the next working day.
Building and Development Permit Applications
- Plumbing Permit Application
- HVAC/ Mechanical Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Low Voltage Permit Application
- Temporary Power Request
Land Development Permits (LDP)
- (LDP) Permit Application Packet
- Soil Erosion Bond
- Storm Water Facility Certification
- Storm Water Facility Maintenance Agreement
- Street Maintenance Bond Fee Schedule
- NPDES Fee Form
NPDES Documents available @ http://gaswcc.georgia.gov/documents-list
Commercial Building Permits
- Commercial Permit Application Packet
- Commercial Permit Application single sheet
- Commercial Final Inspection Checklist
Residential Building Permits
- Residential Permit Application Packet
- Residential Permit Application single sheet
- Residential Slab Inspection Checklist
- Residential Final Inspection Checklist
Water and Sewer Tap Applications City of McDonough
The City of McDonough enforces the current Georgia State Minimum Standard Codes and amendments as published by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.
• International Building Code
• National Electrical Code
• International Fuel Gas Code
• International Mechanical Code
• International Plumbing Code
• International Residential Code
• International Energy Conservation Code
• International Fire Code
• International Existing Building Code
• International Property Maintenance Code