General Information For Candidates Wishing To Run For Elected Municipal Office (Mayor and Councilmember)
A Public Notice is published in the Henry Daily Herald prior to February 1st of a year in which there is a November election. In this specified ad, it is stated the municipal seats which are up for election, the qualifying fees and the qualifying dates.
Qualifications for Elected Officials (Mayor and Councilmember) in McDonough
- Candidate must be a resident of the City for a period of one year immediately prior to the date of the election.
- Candidate must continue to reside in the City for his/her period of service.
- Candidate shall be registered and qualified to vote in municipal elections of the City.
- Candidate must give written notice of candidacy by signing an affidavit.
- Candidate must pay qualifying fee at the time of signing the affidavit. (If a qualifying check bounces and it is the qualifying person's fault, this is automatic grounds for disqualifying the candidate.)
- Candidate must be 21 years of age.
- The date for the 2019 election is November 5, 2019.
Questions regarding municipal elections, seats up for election, qualifying dates and fees— contact Janis Price, McDonough City Clerk, at (770)957-3915 ext. 6205.
Questions regarding campaign contributions, personal financial disclosure statements and filing paperwork—contact the State Ethics Commission located in Atlanta at 404-463-1980.