How to Apply for Employment with the City of McDonough
1. The City has three different applications. Choose the correct application to complete depending on the position for which you are applying.
3. All General and Fire applications are to be submitted to City Hall, 136 Keys Ferry Street, McDonough, Georgia, or scanned and e-mailed to email@example.com, unless the job announcement instructs differently. All Police applications are to be submitted to the Police Department at 50 Lawrenceville Street, McDonough, GA.
Applications are accepted only when a position is posted.
What happens after I file my application?Applications are reviewed by the hiring department and a decision will be made on which applications move forward to the interview process. The length of the screening process varies depending on the volume of applications received for the particular job posting. For any further questions regarding the application process, please call 770-957-3915 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of McDonough does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability or another other class or status protected by law. The City of McDonough is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Supervisor - Water Distribution and Sewer Collection
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$20.16 per hour
- Posted Date:02/06/2019 8:53 AM
Water Distribution and Sewer Collection
The City of McDonough has an opening for a Supervisor over the Water Distribution and Sewer Collection Department. This position is responsible for supervising the work crews and equipment operators by planning, organizing, directing and supervising the daily activities. Position works in the field with subordinates to complete daily work assignments.
- Coordinates employees’ work schedules and crew assignments
- Instructs employees on proper work procedures, safety precautions, and other issues to perform assigned work;
- Updates GIS water/sewer files as changes/upgrades are made on the City system;
- Monitors hydrant flushing program;
- Ensures disinfected practices are maintained, such as running Bac/T samples;
- Checks grease traps and updates GIS System;
- Assists crew members in constructing and repairing of water lines and sewer lines;
- Maintains complete and accurate records of the Water and Sewer Division activities and completes standard forms required for the efficient operation of the department;
- Regularly inspects water and sewer lines for needed maintenance to check for needed repairs;
- Purchases materials and supplies as needed under department guidelines;
- Prepares and maintains SOPs on equipment;
- Prepares the water distribution operation and maintenance annual budget; monitors and documents expenditures assuring compliance with approved budget and staffing levels;
Computer skills are desired, including Microsoft Outlook, Office and Excel.
Minimum qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree or two (2) years of technical coursework desired; five (5) years’ experience in water and sewer repairs and maintenance, with at least two (2) years in a lead position; possession of water distribution and sewer collection licenses required; valid State of Georgia Class C driver’s license; satisfactory MVR and criminal history; pass employment physical and drug test; equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hourly rate: $20.16 per hour ($41,932.80 annualized)
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
The City of McDonough is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.