How to Apply for Employment with the City of McDonough
1. The City has three different applications. Choose the correct application to complete depending on the position for which you are applying.
3. All General and Fire applications are to be submitted to City Hall, 136 Keys Ferry Street, McDonough, Georgia, or scanned and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, unless the job announcement instructs differently. All Police applications are to be submitted to the Police Department at 50 Lawrenceville Street, McDonough, GA.
Applications are accepted only when a position is posted.
What happens after I file my application?Applications are reviewed by the hiring department and a decision will be made on which applications move forward to the interview process. The length of the screening process varies depending on the volume of applications received for the particular job posting. For any further questions regarding the application process, please call 770-957-3915 or e-mail email@example.com.
The City of McDonough does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability or another other class or status protected by law. The City of McDonough is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Help Desk Technician I
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$19.20 per hour
- Posted Date:02/01/2018 2:08 PM
- Deadline to Apply:02/23/2018 5:00 PM
Help Desk Technician I
The City of McDonough is accepting applications for a full-time Help Desk Technician. This position is responsible for maintaining the daily operations of and provides user support for desktop computing, including all associated peripherals, computer hardware, software, and cellphones. Works under the direct supervision of the Technology Services Director.
General knowledge of VMware virtual servers, MS Server Standard 2012/2016, Cisco Call Manager (ver 11), and ip phones is a plus.
Associate’s Degree or two year college certification from an accredited college or university in computer science, information technology, or a related field. Technical Certifications desirable. Must have at least one to three years of experience handling multiple sites and 100+ users. Preference will be given to experience in Municipal and/or public safety software similar to systems used by the City of McDonough. State of Georgia Driver’s License, Satisfactory motor vehicle report, and acceptable criminal history background check.
Starting salary: $19.20 per hour
Application deadline: 5:00 p.m., Friday, February 23, 2018
Benefits include health, dental, life, short and long-term disability, retirement, vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
The City of McDonough is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.