How to Apply for Employment with the City of McDonough
1. The City has three different applications. Choose the correct application to complete depending on the position for which you are applying.
3. All General and Fire applications are to be submitted to City Hall, 136 Keys Ferry Street, McDonough, Georgia, or scanned and e-mailed to email@example.com, unless the job announcement instructs differently. All Police applications are to be submitted to the Police Department at 50 Lawrenceville Street, McDonough, GA.
Applications are accepted only when a position is posted.
What happens after I file my application?Applications are reviewed by the hiring department and a decision will be made on which applications move forward to the interview process. The length of the screening process varies depending on the volume of applications received for the particular job posting. For any further questions regarding the application process, please call 770-957-3915 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of McDonough does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability or another other class or status protected by law. The City of McDonough is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Firefighter I /EMT-1
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate: $38,033 (for certified Firefighter I/EMT-I)
- Posted Date:03/09/2018 11:10 AM
- Deadline to Apply:03/30/2018 5:00 AM
Firefighter I /EMT-I
The City of McDonough is accepting applications for the position of Firefighter. Georgia State Certified Firefighter I with EMT-I preferred but not required. This position performs fire-fighting work in combating, extinguishing and preventing fires; provides emergency medical care to the sick and injured; and maintains equipment and apparatus.
Full job description can be found on the City’s website at www.mcdonoughga.org.
Job Requirements: High School Diploma or GED; at least 18 years of age; satisfactory MVR; pass pre-employment physical, drug and alcohol screen and physical agility test; valid Georgia Driver’s License (Class B or F preferred); satisfactory background check.
Candidates must complete a Fire Department application.
Benefits include health, dental, life, short and long-term disability, retirement, vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Complete a Fire Dept application and submit to City of McDonough, 136 Keys Ferry Street, McDonough, GA 30253, or e-mail application to email@example.com. Applications will not be accepted at the Fire Dept. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application. Applications can be picked up at City Hall or downloaded at www.mcdonoughga.org.
Starting annual salary: $38,033 (for certified Firefighter I/EMT-I)
Deadline for applications: 5:00 p.m., Friday, March 30, 2018.
The City of McDonough is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.